Today was much busier than yesterday. Talk about starting early. We were all up, fed, dressed, and on the bus by 7:15. Meaning 4:15 California time. However, the day seemed to improve from there. We started at Fenway Park, discovering the Green Giant, and learning about all the retired numbers, as well as the history of the Boston Red Socks. Unfortunately, being as early as it was, I'm not sure how much of the information stuck, other than the Yankee fan that was hit by the longest home run in baseball.
The bakery stop on the way to the Freedom Trail was nice, though I was more taken by the memorial for all the soldiers who have lost their lives in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The dog- tags-turned-wind-chimes stuck with me the most. Already too many have died.
After the Freedom Trail, we were taken on a tour around Boston College. I have to say, it was a school that never really crossed my mind, but after seeing it I'm quite taken with it. I'll have to keep that in mind over the coming year.
Despite all the amazing stops, the cruise had to be the cap of the day. Although the idea of floating on a boat in the middle of the water held the promise of being quite a downer, the second the music started playing, right after dinner, everything changed. Suddenly people were dancing and laughing, as well as taking pictures. We all game back to the hotel in high spirits.
We now await the promise of tomorrow.
Until then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment